REO Property Underwriter
Location: Hunt Valley, MD
Job Number: 1386
Established and well known MGA and Program Division is seeking a Property Underwriter with expertise in REO, real estate investment, vacant homes, habitational, multiple properties. High volume of accounts, experience working with wholesalers a plus as it is a fast paced environment.
The Underwriter will handle existing renewal business as well as grow new business, and maintain those accounts throughout the term. Develop a disciplined underwriting approach, adhering to standards and best practices for MGU and ensuring assigned program underwriting results are consistent with established guidelines and profitable for the both the company and carriers. This position will require the ability to handle a relatively high volume of transactions during the peak business cycles therefore it is essential that the candidate can multitask and work efficiently with a high degree of organizational skill.
- The solicitation, quoting, and binding of submissions in accordance with MGU Underwriting Managers guidelines specific to your Underwriting Letter of Authority granted by the team leader and/or Carrier.
- Complete documentation and management of all accounts assigned.
- Review work completed by Brokers for accuracy.
- Apply appropriate factors to rating basis/formulas provided.
- Marketing visits to assigned wholesale clients relevant to your book of business.
Real Estate Investors
- Holders of multiple properties
- Real Estate Investors
- Rehab / Flippers
- Commercial Banks
- Credit Unions
- Savings & Loans
- Mortgage Banks
- Financial institutions that service and / or invest in mortgage, vehicle and collateral-based loans, hedge funds and REITs
- Residential Dwellings (1 – 4)
- Manufactured Homes
- Commercial Property (please contact the underwriter for specific appetite)
- Vacant Land
- Property Management Companies
- Scheduled Vehicles and Collateral
- Fast paced
- Desk management
- Commercial lines
Location: Hunt Valley, Maryland. If you are an experienced Property Underwriter with real estate experience and wholesale distribution/ E&S experience, remote work is OK.
NOTE** mortgage underwriting is not applicable experience, need not apply.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-835-1615