Premier specialty and surplus lines provider, underwriting specialty property and casualty (P&C) insurance for risks with more difficult exposures. It markets its products through appointed wholesale brokers and managing general agents (MGAs) in the U.S.
Will look at talent from surplus lines or standard line carriers. Open to multi-line candidates or casualty positions.
The main roles of their analysts is to issue policies & endorsements, work closely with the off-shore support team as well as with the underwriters. The underwriters work with the wholesalers and the main role of the underwriting assistant is to handle the email interaction and assist in the premium audit. Underwriters handle the submissions.
• Accurate and timely processing, reporting, and analysis of premium, claim, reinsurance, and other financial/policy data
• Provide and coordinate training to unit associates to ensure complete understanding of (re)insurance operations & accounting processes
• Develop and maintain positive collaborative relationships with both internal and external clients
• Respond to internal inquiries regarding premium or claims data
• Participate as a subject matter expert in process review and/or redesign
• Lead internal or external audits, training, etc., which may require domestic travel
• Perform other project work or data / financial analysis as required
• Prepare, review, and evaluate data or financial reports
• Create or update procedure manuals, ensuring that processes are documented accurately, and documentation is kept current
• Accurately collects and monitors data on a regular basis, reviewing for inconsistencies and errors to ensure data integrity.
* MUST HAVE commercial property, casualty or multi-line underwriting/assistant experience